Monday, February 15, 2010

Fireflower and watered candle

The Phantom has so often been affiliated with fire and strength and anger that sometimes, we forget his softer side, though when I think about it, I am blown away that I can actually think (or not think) such a thing.

Of course, we all know his Down Once More side, where he lets all his anger go in yelling with all his might and dragging Christine along (though I dare say she deserves it), and at that time we are a bit overwhelmed by that image of him. And the overwhelming images seem to stick with us, no matter how hard we try.

What's some of the first things that come to mind when we go to describe the Phantom? "He's a murderer, he went insane, he writes dark music, he yells." I mean, really? But we can't forget his Music of the Night side, can we? Are we really capable of forgetting his sad past and his longing and love for a girl who turns him down?

Listen to me, I'm pleading. With a group of people who all love him, too. Resonating in his love for Christine and imagining I was in her place is one of my favorite pass-times. ^^

Oh well, I just thought that these two pictures, these two complete opposite things (both in and of themselves and contrasted) somehow fit this subject.

I was also wondering if you thought that the Fireflower (as I named it) would be good as a header, if we worked with it a little.

Well, I suppose I shall take my leave of you for now.

Be blessed in your endeavors,
Nahla.

"You alone can make my song take flight...
Help me make the Music of the Night."

6 comments:

Cassandra said...

AMEN!!!

I love Erik and I become frustrated knowing what a chance Christine had to bring joy into his dark life... and how she gave it up.

The fireflower is a beautiful symbol. And I believe that it is worthy of being featured in our header.

Cassie
Pitiful creature of darkness,
What kind of life have you known?
God give me courage to show you,
You are not alone... <<< My favorite "quote"!

Ivorydancer said...

I'm still amazed those are iPod backgrounds

Anonymous said...

in all seriousness, hannah......... they're cool, though... ^^

Ivorydancer said...

i have the fire one as my wallpaper right now XD

I could make the header though..... using those pictures, or something along those lines... I've got some cool ideas

Anonymous said...

break a leg! (not literally, please) ^^

Rachael said...

I really {{love}} the last photo!!

His Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones